Monday, November 16, 2009

Cute Boutique Alert: Calm & Sense



The store's tagline is "reach relaxation"... which is SURE to be a breeze once you've picked up some goodies here.

Delicious teas, bath salts/bombs/fizzers, shower steamers, beeswax candles, and more!
Here's her story:

People have been asking me how I came to open a store focusing on stress relief, relaxation, and a healthier life. As a refugee of over 25 years of corporate life, I was ready to start a new chapter—something about reaching an age milestone and being laid off all within 12 months does tend to empower oneself! Because of my experience working in large corporations, as well as raising two boys and being involved in my community, I also knew something about how stress impacts the body and the soul. So I decided to manage my own destiny and open a store that helps others cope with life’s stresses. In fact, the title I chose for my business cards is not Store Owner, but Chief Relaxation Officer.
The extra cool part? The owner, Susan, makes a sincere effort to source all of her goods in fair trade manners and from as many women-owned businesses as possible. I like that retail karma :-)

Essential details below!

Calm and Sense
Glenwood Village Shopping Center
2603 Glenwood Avenue
Raleigh, NC 27608 (map)

No comments:

Post a Comment