Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Keepin' It REALLY Local

Know what I just did?

Unsubscribed from every email list that I've received something from in the last month or so that isn't locally-owned or operated.

Boo0-ya. How's THAT for keeping it local?

Now, I'm going to be honest. Life in big kid land has spiraled into chaos these past 6 months, so I never read much of them anyway. And the other kicker is that 9 times out of 10, most weren't offering anything really fantastic to begin with - other than spotlighting ways for me to spend my hard-earned money with them.

Good-bye Restoration Hardware, Old Navy, and Banana. I do love you, but I'll only be seeing you when I need you. Not when you want me. (Sounds kind of like a half-assed break-up letter, huh?)

Now, this doesn't mean I'm no longer a good source of trend hunting. Don't let this fool you - I'm still obsessed... my email is just a bit more manageable now. (Let's see if I can get below 100/day now.)

PS - I love that Victoria's Secret was like "Wait, how about if we only email you once a week." Yikes, stalker, much? I thought more than once a month was a bit crowded to begin with!

No comments:

Post a Comment