Sunday, January 11, 2009

Retail Calendars

Don't get me wrong, I have a degree in this business, but sometimes there are things that just don't make much sense in modern times.

Take Raleigh, NC for instance... it really has yet to get really winter cold until this past week. However, retailers are already rollin' out the spring line up when I'm just starting to realize that I want some more long sleeve options and a few more jackets to mix into my wardrobe. Thanks to the BSC (bat stuff crazy) retail calendar, I'm already buying winter items on deeply discounted sale.

My thinking is this: if retailers adjusted their merchandising calendars just a bit (this is 2009 here, technology is a driving force in most industries, so accounting for a crazy long lead time shouldn't be so much of an issue if you've got your supply chain straight!), they wouldn't have to discount so darn much!

In other news, because it's already all over the place... I can't wait for spring to get here. I'm reallllly dying to do some non-winter shopping and wearing - but all of you NC kids know that's a waste before March... really April. I LOOOOOVE Kristy's selection of her current favorite sleeveless choices here from J. Crew!

Come on retailers, I'm really not shopping for my spring break items with my Christmas money! Save that for late February...

No comments:

Post a Comment