Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Office Max? Really?

Random decorating tip of the week: Want some new lamps to spruce up an office or a room for an inexpensive makeover? Try the back (wayyyy back) of your local Office Max.

I know, some of you are probably thinking, "Ok, now she's lost it."

Seriously though, I was making a random run to Office Max this past weekend and happened to wander through the clearance section in the back of the store and they had DOZENS of table and desk lamps for under $50 (many around $19-$20!) that looked great! I tried to find some samples on their website, but just kept finding boring stuff - nothing magical there.

In the Cary/Crossroads, NC location, there were some brushed/antique white gold finish lamps with black or red lamp shades that were awesome to try and paint somewhat of a mental picture...

Next time I'm there, I'll check again and see if there are any that make their way home with me. If so, I'll post pictures to hopefully do this post better justice! Just wanted to give everyone some ideas of how to think outside of the interior design ($$) box.

No comments:

Post a Comment