Saturday, May 24, 2008

It's Divine to Consign!

Ever done consignment shopping? It's a thrill! I'm still on a high from the awesome bag I found for $18 today at Class for Half (more on my fab find here!) and there are two more items that were a tad too expensive for today's side trip but that I am going to keep an eye on for a few more weeks.

If I happen to score them (ie: if no one else finds them first) they'll definitely be blog worthy so keep checking back!

To kick off my little series on consigning finds, check out the following article is from a October 11, 2007 email from Cary Magazine's "Shopping Fix" series (I know, I know... sometimes the emails that get moved to the previously referenced "Blog" folder are really there wayyyy too long!):
Budget-Conscious Fashion
Why consignment shops are worth every penny
By Heather Green

You probably drive by them every day, and they are some of the best-kept secrets in our area. They contain the latest fashions in clothing, shoes and accessories, some of which have never been worn, for a small percentage of the price you would pay in department stores. They are consignment shops!

When I was younger and I found out that we were going to these stores, I cringed (that was before I had to pay for clothes). Now, I can't wait to see what unbelievable deals are waiting for me every week. The best part about these hidden gems is that...
Read the rest of the article here!

The shops recommended in the above article include: My Girlfriend's Closet
104 West Chatham St., Apex
(919) 303-0651
http://www.mgcboutique.com/

Annie's Attic
115 W. Chatham St., Suite B, Cary
(919) 481-1151

My Back Porch
515 Broad St., Fuquay Varina
(919) 557-9344

Classic Clothiers
124 S.W. Maynard Road, Suite A, Cary
(919) 481-1508

K'n B's Brew 'n Browse Coffee & Consignment Shoppe
120 Raleigh St., Fuquay-Varina
(919) 557-8155

Threads
8420 Chapel Hill Rd, Cary
(919) 465-9727
http://www.threadsbykim.com/
And my original recommendation:

Class for Half
1614 North Market Drive, Raleigh, 27609
(hidden behind Kanki off Wake Forest Road)
(919) 876-5572

No comments:

Post a Comment